VendOp strives to be the most trusted resource for businesses to research and find vendors. We follow these simple principles and guidelines to ensure the most authentic and valuable information is available to businesses while balancing fairness to vendors.
- We never edit or alter content submitted on our site, no matter how minor.
- We never suppress, filter, or delete content simply because it is negative/lower-rated, or positive/higher-rated.
- We apply the same standard of review for all content (whether or not the content concerns a vendor client of VendOp).
- We use technology filters & algorithms to detect fraud and gaming, and require email verification or a valid LinkedIn account for all members submitting content.
- We moderate every piece of content through a two-step moderation process. The first gate of review is technological. We apply sophisticated technology that analyzes multiple attributes of the content. If the content does not pass technological review, a team of human moderators reviews the content to determine if it meets our guidelines. Additionally, a human always moderates any content that is flagged.
- We stay neutral in all cases of dispute and do not act as the finder of fact.
- We remove content if we have evidence that members were incentivized to leave the content.
- We believe in the principle of anonymity - everyone has a right to voice their opinion or be heard without fearing retribution or other unwanted attention.
Please note that VendOp uses the term 'content' to describe reviews, ratings and other user-submitted content.